Haryana Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme
The scheme aims to promote the well being of girl children in Haryana by providing financial assistance for their education and development. It encourages a positive attitude towards the birth of the girl child and strives to improve societal values.
Haryana Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme Coverage:
- Applicable to the 1st girl child in Scheduled Caste families and all Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
- 2nd or multiple girl children in any family, regardless of caste, are also eligible.
Launched on 24th August 2015.
- Haryana Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme Benefits:
Financial assistance is provided based on certain conditions:
- ₹21,000 one time grant for the 1st girl child in SC/BPL families.
- ₹21,000 one time grant for the 2nd or multiple girl children in any family.
- ₹5,000 per annum for five years for the 2nd girl child born before 21st January 2015 (Ladli scheme beneficiaries).
- Special cases of twin/multiple girls born before 21st January 2015 receive ₹2,500 per annum for five years.
Haryana Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme Investment:
The money is invested with LIC of India in the girl child’s name.
If the mother is not available, the money goes to the father; if both parents are unavailable, it goes to the guardian.
Released within one month of submitting the application.
Haryana Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme Withdrawal:
- Benefits can be withdrawn if obtained incorrectly or with false information.
- No attachment of the investment under any law.
- Parents receive benefits if the beneficiary dies after turning 18.
- Not eligible if the beneficiary gets married before 18.
Haryana Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme Eligibility:
- SC/BPL families for the 1st girl child, any family for the 2nd or multiple girls.
- Parents with Haryana domicile, and at least one parent and the girl child residing in Haryana.
- Registration of pregnant women at Anganwadi Centre or with the Health Department.
- Birth registration and Aadhaar number for the girl child.
- Proper and timely immunization.
- Enrolment in Anganwadi Centre.
Haryana Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme Encashment of Membership Certificate:
- At 18 years of age and unmarried.
Haryana Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme Application Process:
- Obtain the application form from Anganwadi Centre or the Department’s website.
- Submit the filled form with necessary documents to Anganwadi Worker/Health Staff.
- Process involves various levels Anganwadi Worker, Circle Supervisor/Medical Officer, and Women and Child Development Project Officer/Civil Surgeon.
- Amount deposited via Aadhaar number linked with LIC of India’s bank account.
Haryana Aapki Beti Hamari Beti Scheme Documents Required:
- Aadhaar card for girl/parents/guardian.
- Residence proof.
- Caste certificate.
- Self attested copy of the birth certificate.
- Immunization card.
- Passport size photographs of the beneficiary.
- BPL card (if applicable).
- Bank account details.
|Download Form||Click Here|
|Download Notice||Click Here|
|Free Jobs Alert||Click Here|
Questions asked in this scheme
1. What is the aim of the scheme?
The aim of this scheme is to improve the child sex ratio and ensure survival, and proper health, and promote the education of girls in the state. Every girl child has a right to be born and have access to education in order to develop her potential.
2.What is the objective of the scheme?
To bring about change in the societal attitude towards the birth of the girl child. To improve the child sex ratio in the state. To improve enrolment and retention of girl children in schools and to assist the girls to undertake income-generating activities. To raise the age at marriage of girls.
3. Which department has launched this scheme?
Women and Child Development Department, Government of Haryana
4. When was this scheme launched?
This scheme was launched on 24th August 2015.
5. Who is eligible to get the benefits of the scheme?
The scheme is covering 1st girl child born in a family belonging to Schedule Caste, and all Below Poverty Line (BPL) and, the 2nd twin/multiple girls born on or after 22nd January 2015 in any family in the State of Haryana satisfying the eligibility criteria.
6.Is this scheme only for a resident of Haryana State?
Yes, the applicant must be a permanent resident of Haryana State.
7. What is the eligibility criterion to encash Membership Certificate?
In order to obtain the maturity value of the investment in Membership Certificate at the time of applying the beneficiary girl must be 18 years of age and unmarried.
8.What is the benefit of the scheme?
Under the scheme, a sum of ₹21000/- is invested with Life Insurance Corporation LIC in the name of 1st Girl child of SC/BPL families and 2nd child of a family belonging to any caste.
9.Is it mandatory to enroll beneficiary in Anganwadi Centre?
Yes, the beneficiary should be enrolled in Anganwadi Centre as per their age.
10. How can an applicant apply under the scheme?
The eligible applicant may apply through offline mode.
11. How can an applicant apply offline under the scheme?
The mother/ father/guardian of the eligible girl child beneficiary should apply in the prescribed form along with relevant documents as prescribed by the Women and Child Development Department, Haryana through the Anganwadi Worker/Supervisor/Health Staff of the concerned area.